Saturday, May 9, 2009

I live in a beautiful place.

As I was driving back to the parking garage tonight, I was suddenly broadsided by the simple fact that, in a month, this place (this lovely, lovely place) will no longer be home.


I think I might grow particularly attached to the places I live (I teared up when my mom said she was thinking about selling our house), but I am truly lucky to have lived in such a wonderful place for the last four years.


When else will I ever live with a lake literally out my window, in my backyard? The thought that, although I have left this place many times over my tenure here, returning will never be the same: it makes me unbearably sad. Sure, I'll return for reunions or visits, but this place will never truly be home again.



And I'll miss it. I will never rush to class again, I will never lounge or goof around in the campus center as a student again. After I walk out of the dorm on June 6th, I will never be allowed in one unattended again. This place, June 6th, ceases to be home, and my relationship with it changes forever. I intend to spend as much time loving this place as I possibly can over the next month. It's not all bad-- I'm leaving a lot of things behind, things I don't necessarily like. But the idea that I will never really feel at home here again make me quite sad.

But for now, I live in a beautiful place.

No comments:

Post a Comment