Sunday, May 10, 2009

Weddings.

So as you may know (or have gathered), I attend a women's college in Massachusetts. There seems to be a massive hormone rage sweeping the area lately, because everywhere I turn, there's someone talking about weddings, children, or babies. I've started feeling somewhat freakish, if only because I have never once in my life thought about those things.

So I decided to go ahead and google "wedding" and see what came up. See if any of it struck a chord with me. What I have gathered is that there are pretty dresses.


There are ugly dresses.

I can't see myself in any of them. I have never once thought about engagement rings, wedding rings, wedding dresses, bridesmaid dresses, colors, flowers, or centerpieces in my life. I can't picture myself at an altar, or outside, or even in a courthouse, committing myself to someone.

It's just so counterintuitive. I love planning things, I love parties and events, I love getting dressed up. So why would I not have thought about my future wedding?

And you might think that because it's been brought to my attention, I will go ahead and start planning or thinking about it. I have realized, however, that it won't hold my attention. I don't get excited about it. I am unenthused.

Maybe it's because I haven't met the right person (and even if I do meet the right person, it might not be legal for me to marry him/her), or maybe... maybe it's because I'm just not interested.

And that would be ok, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment